GORILLA TRACKING RULES IN RWANDA
All the gorilla tracking rules in the 3 xcountries of Uganda, Rwanda and Congo are the same. Please find below some of the rules that govern Gorilla tracking in Rwanda:
Before going for gorilla tracking:
- Always wash your hands before you head out to the gorillas.
On your way to the gorillas:
- Keep your voices low the all time you are in the forest. This will give you an opportunity to see different bird and wildlife species in the forest.
- The guides will lead you to where they last saw the gorillas. You will then trek and follow the same trail to find them. Look out for the gorilla’s nesting sites along the way.
- Do not leave rubbish in the park. Whatever you bring into the forest should be carried back out with you.
- A maximum number of 8 visitors may visit a group of habituated gorillas in a day. This minimizes behavioral disturbance to the gorillas and the risk of their exposure to human-borne diseases.
- When you approach the Gorillas, the guides will inform you to get ready and when to get out your Cameras for pictures.
When you are with the gorillas:
- A 5-meter distance should try to be observed at all times (15 feet) from the gorillas. This is to protect them from catching human diseases.
- You must stay in tight group when you are near the gorillas.
- Keep your voices down at all times. However, it is OK to ask the guide questions.
- Do not eat or drink while you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably will increase the risk of food/drink morsels/droplets falling, which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases
- Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the guides example (crouch down slowly, do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes and wait for the animals to pass). Do not try and to take picture and do not attempt to run away. Running away will increase the risk.
- Flash photography is not permitted! When taking pictures move slowly and carefully.
- Do not touch the gorillas. They are wild animals. They might look cuddly but!
- The maximum time you can spend with the gorillas is one hour. However, if the gorillas become agitated or nervous, the guide will finish the visit early.
- After the visit keep your voices down until you are 200 metres from the gorillas.
General Health Gorilla Rules:
Remember gorillas are very susceptible to human diseases. The following are ways to minimize the risk your visit might pose to them:
- Respect the limits imposed on the number of visitors allowed with the gorillas each day. This minimizes the risk of disease transmission and stress to the group.
- If you are feeling ill, or you are carrying a contagious disease, volunteer to stay behind. An alternate visit will be arranged for you, or you will be refunded your money.
- If you feel the urge to cough or sneeze when you are near the gorillas, please turn your head away and cover your nose and mouth in order to minimize the spread of bacteria or viruses.
- Always stay 5 metres (15 feet) away form the gorillas. The further back you are, the more relaxed the group will be.
- Do not attempt to touch the gorillas.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat when you are with the gorillas.
- Do not leave any rubbish like water bottles, food wrappers in the Park
- If you need to defecate while in the forest, please ask the guide to dig for you a hole with his panga. Make sure the hole is 30cms deep and fill it when you are through.
- 3 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari
- 3 Days Akagera Wildlife Tour
- 3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & L. Kivu Tour
- 4 Days Gorilla Tour & Nature Walk
- 4 Days Gorilla Trekking & Dian Fossey
- 4 Days Rwanda Cultural Tour
- 5 Days Akagera Wildlife Tour
- 5 Days Gorilla Tracking & L. Kivu Tour
- 5 Days Rwanda Primates & Gorilla
- 5 Days Gorilla & Golden Monkeys
- 6 Days Rwanda Primates Adventure
- 8 Days Culture & Primates Safari
- 7 Day Gorilla, Primates, Wildlife Tour
- 8 Days Rwanda Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 9 Days Uganda - Rwanda Safari Tour
- 9 Days Rwanda Wildlife,Chimps,Gorilla
- 14 Days Best Of Rwanda Tour
- 14 Days Uganda - Rwanda Wildlife Trip
- 8 Days Rwanda Safari Africa
- 9 Days Cultural Tour
- 11 Days Uganda Rwanda
- 11 Days Rwanda - Uganda Safari Tour
- Rwanda At a Glance 12Days
- 18 Days Uganda - Rwanda Primates
- 12 Days Uganda Rwanda
- 20 Days Uganda - Rwanda Jungle Tour
- 20 Days Best of Uganda & Rwanda
- Lake Kivu Tour
- Akagera National Park
- Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Volcanoes National Park
- Kigali City
- Genocide Memmorials
- Cultural Tours Rwanda
- About Rwanda
- Best time to visit Rwanda
- Gorilla Trekking Rules
EAST AFRICA ADVENTURES
RWANDA TRAVEL TIPS
USA CONTACT / AGENT
© Copyright 2011 Connect Hemisphere Safaris. All Rights Reserved. P.O.Box 27302, Kampala. Plot 75 Kampala Road E-Tower 8th Floor Suit 02.
Uganda Tel; +256 485660586. Mobile: +256 772 901 425